Creating a Brand-new passport can be difficult and complicated if you do not know the process. Therefore, here are a few steps to help you out when you are making a New Zealand passport for the first time. You can apply for a brand-new passport if you are a citizen of New Zealand and 16 years and older. One of the first things to have is a RealMe account that is verified.
The things that you need –
- You will require a RealMe identity after going to a New Zealand post shop and got a picture taken, and your identity checked. Your cell phone must be linked to your RealMe account, and there will be a log in Security code
- A passport photo is essential, and it has to be taken in the last 6 months in JPEG or JPG format.
- One can use a credit card, the Prezzi card or a Debit card and no PayPal and bank transfers are valid. The passport will cost you $191.
You cannot apply for an online passport and hence can apply in a paper form if –
- The Department of Internal affairs has issued a certificate of Identity travel document or a refugee travel document
- The name you want on the passport does not match the RealMe account name.
- An endorsement page needs to be printed on the observation page of your passport in case your name has 48 characters, and you are unable to sign the passport.