How to Apply for New Zealand Passport
Passports are the key to the gate when you are traveling across the world and visiting other countries. They belong as a part of your essential document as a symbol of your identity when you are traveling internationally and represent yourself from the country that you belong to. After reading this article, you will know how to apply for a passport online and receive it in 10 working days. You need to be 16 and above and a citizen of New Zealand.
Apply for a brand-new passport in few easy steps-
- RealMe – the RealMe verification is the RealMe account which refers to the verification process of your identity in a post shop in New Zealand. A Photo was also taken along with the rest of your personal details.
- You will need a security code to log in into your RealMe account by using your Phone.
- A Passport photo is required that is taken within the last six months.
- One can either use the New Zealand Post Prezzy card or a Credit card for the payment
- You need your phone number, date of birth, email address and other personal details.
For applicant using the paper form –
The physical paper form is available if you are finding it difficult to apply online and here are few things to know before applying for a new passport in New Zealand-
You cannot apply online if –
- The Department of Internal Affairs (DIA) has issued a refugee travel document and a certificate of an identity travel document.
- The name given on your RealMe account does not match the passport name that you are applying with.
- An endorsement printed on the passport, on the observation page if hypothetically, you have a long name, or you are unable to sign the document.
These a few steps will help you create a brand-new passport on both paper form and online.